- The flexible course framework allows students and their employers to directly target the current and future skills need of the enterprise
- The core competencies common to all trades allow an economic delivery mode (similar to a university model).
- Flexible entry requirements.
- Allows enterprise specific skill sets to be undertaken and counted towards the qualification.
- Online delivery allows students in rural and remote areas to participate
- Only 10 units/fast-tracked
- 3 consecutive levels of qualifications if desired
- Provides study pathways to higher level career opportunities within all trade businesses enhancing retention of expertise in trades.
- Provides an opportunity for students to study in trade related areas and enhance trade skills beyond apprenticeship using skill sets that count towards their qualification.
- Enhances the image of trades as a viable long term career option.